Sunday, November 9, 2008

5am and waiting for daybreak!

I don't know why but I'm up at 5am! Spanish classes have been going well. I've been trying to have a more positive spirit and to enjoy it even though I'm not grasping all of it yet. This past week in Costa Rica has been a good change that I've greatly enjoyed. On Tuesday, the day we begin our school week, they divided out the more advanced students and that has been a tremendous help for the rest of us. Not only does it allow more one on one time but it also lets us progress just a bit slower so we can grasp the concepts better. It has been a lot less stressful w/not trying to play 'catch-up' with the more advanced students so that they aren't completely bored. I enjoy my teacher, Mary Mata, she is very patient and kind and helps in anyway that she is able. All day on Saturday, Nov. 8th we went to a church in downtown San Jose for something called Teens Involved. It is hosted by Word of Life and it conists of 4-5 local youth groups competing in Bible narratives, preaching, solos, and choirs. It was so encouraging to see 12year olds preaching! It was a VERY long day w/not much to do since I didn't compete. We left the Villa at 7am and didn't return until 6:30pm. It was good to see so many young kids involved in those different ministries. I attend Impacto w/4 other GAP students..Ashley M, Missy, Zack, and Josh. Today after church one of the Pastors is taking the 5 of us out to eat. I really enjoy Sundays even though I'm only able to get part of the message I LOVE singing along w/my brothers and sisters in their own language! I love to worship my God and my Savior whether it's in English or Spanish, it's such a precious time. Tomorrow morning about 13 of us are leaving early to go up to the mountains and to go ziplining! I'm so excited!!! There are less then 30days left until I'm back in the States. Whew, the time is flying so fast! I'm continuing to pray and trust that the Lord will provide the necessary funds for me to return for the 2nd semester. Here in Costa Rica some days are really hard to be here(especially when it's different then what I thought or had in my mind) and I just want to throw up my hands and go home but then I'm reminded that God has me here for a purpose and that is to be used by Him and for Him(in any situation). These days are not about 'frolicking in meadows and picking daisies' but humbling myself and doing whatever He asks of me even though I find that to be a difficult endeavor AND to do all these things with a cheerful heart. Please continue to pray...

Dios te bendiga!

No comments: